Here is a list of Twitter Terms, Tools, and Sites, compiled from all over the ‘Net.
NOTE: TWITTER IS A FAST-MOVING CONCEPTUAL BEAST – THESE SITES ARE LIKELY TO COME & GO OR BE ACQUIRED WITHOUT NOTICE!
Tweet Posting Tools
TweetLater – An useful service to schedule your Twitter posts for the future.
SocialOomph – An useful service to schedule your Twitter posts for the future and automated recurring tweets.
Brabblr – With Brabblr, you can post to all your micro blogging services including Twitter, Pownce, Jaiku, Tumblr, Jabber, Frazr, and more.
Autopostr – This service lets your friends in Twitter know when you post a new picture on Flickr.
EmailTwitter – With this service, you can send tweets to Twitter from your cellphone without incurring SMS charges.
GroupTweet – Allows you to post private message to a group of Twitter friends.
Hashtags – You can add tags to your Twitter posts with this service.
HelloTxt – This service enables you to update Twitter, a host of other micro blogging sites, and social networking sites with one click.
LinkBunch – Need to share more than one link in a tweet? LinkBunch puts together all the links and provides you one link that you can share on Twitter. As you might have understood, this can be used not just with Twitter, but also with emails, IMs, SMS, etc.
LiveTwitting – Helps you cover a conference live on Twitter. Similar to liveblogging, only cooler.
MicroRevie – Post reviews on twitter accs and this service will turn them into microformats.
Mobypicture – A service to post to your blog and micro-blogging sites like Twitter through your mobile phone.
OutTwit – A tool for Outlook that will send the latest tweets from your friends as incoming email messages.
SecretTweet – Post to Twitter anonymously. If you really need to.
SnapTweet – Allows you to post your Flickr pictures to Twitter.
Snitter – an Adobe AIR based desktop client for Twitter compatible with Mac and Windows. The Linux version is in testing.
Twhirl – Twhirl is a popular desktop client based on Adobe AIR. It has a lot of impressive features including multiple Twitter accounts, connect to Friendfeed, post image to Twitpic, post to Pownce and Jaiku simultaneously, and search using Tweetscan.
TweetCube – This service allows you to post files on Twitter. Files that can be shared include .zip, .rar, .pdf, .jpg, .png, .gif, .mp3 and .txt.
Tweetr– an AIR based Twitter client for MAC and PC. You can use this to send files upto 100MB.
Twibler – posts your ebay listings to Twitter automatically.
Twideeo – You can post videos to Twitter using this service that lets you upload the vid to their site and then generates a link to your video.
Twit+ – You can tweet pictures, videos, and files using this service publicly or privately among your friends on Twitter.
Twitxr – Another neat way to post a picture on Twitter, Facebook, or Picassa.
TweetChannel – You can add TweetChannel as your friend in Twitter to help you channel your various posts.
Twitpic – Share pictures on Twitter using Twitpic.
Twitsay – You can tweet an audio recording to Twitter using this new and popular service.
Twits Like Me – You can use this service to find people on Twitter who share your interests.
TwitterCal – This service allows you to post events from your Google calendar to your Twitter accounts.
Twitter Feed – This tool allows you to send your blog atom or RSS feed to Twitter.
TwitterGram – Post an mp3 on Twitter using this service.
Twitteroo – This is another popular desktop client for Twitter.
TwitterIM – Using this tool, you can tweet from Windows Live Messenger and ICQ.
Twitterlights – This tool allows you to highlight snippets of text from any webpage and send it to twitter. The url of the page also gets converted into a tinyurl and gets included in your tweet.
Twitter Reply – With this tool, you can send your Twitter updates on a secret email address, or through Windows Live Messenger or ICQ.
Twittershare – This desktop/web application also allows you to post pictures on Twitter. Works on Mac as well.
VisualTwitter – Allow you to post pictures on Twitter.
TopTweet – This site provides you updates from the top Twitter personalities. Yes, it took us a lot of tries to take a screenshot without Scoble in it.
TweetWire – TweetWire grabs the freshest links posted on Twitter and displays them Yahoo News page style.
Twitter100 – Just like in your personal start pages, this tool will allocate a box to each of the people you follow on a single page and display their latest tweets.
Twitterator – Twitterator enables you to follow a group of people at one go.
Twitter Digest – This tool allows you to subscribe to a message stream from a Twitter user of a group of users on the web or through an atom feed.
Alpha Twitter – This site provides you with the top links on Twitter.
Summize – A Twitter search engine, lately shaping into the leader of this space. You can run a RSS feed on your query too and filter tweets by language.
Flaptor Twitter Search – A simple Twitter search engine. You can get an RSS feed out of your search query as well.
Terraminds – Another search tool for Twitter.
Tweet Scan – This is a search engine for Twitter indexing all the public messages on Twitter.
Twits Like Me – This tool helps you find people on Twitter who share your interests.
Twitterment – A search engine for Twitter powered by Google search.
TwitterWho – Using this, you can search for multiple queries on Twitter at one go.
Twubble – This also helps find people who share your interests on Twitter. It brings our profiles who your current friends are already following.
Twitterverse – Search through archived public timelines and tweets.
Twittersearch – Search Twitter and tweets by word.
Terraminds – Search for specific users or tweets.
TwitDir – Allows user to search for users by name, location, or username.
TwitBuzz – TwitBuzz is a service that follows the links, messages,and users on Twitter and displays them nicely on its site Digg-style.
TweetBeep – Just like Google Alerts, this service will send you an alert whenever your set keyword is mentioned on Twitter or when somebody link to your site.
TwitGraph – This service provides graphs of your Twitter usage – tweets by day, top 5 words, top 5 links, and top replies.
Twitterlinkr – Shows you the popular links that people are posting in Twitter.
24oclocks – You can see your tweets displayed by the hour of the day.
GeoTwitterous – Enter a Twitter ID and this tool will display from where the people that particular person is following are in a global map.
My Tweet Map – This tool will show you the latest tweets from your friends on a map.
Quotably – With Quotably, you can check out any Twitter user’s conversations in a thread conversation style making it easier to follow. Extremely useful.
Sitevolume – Just like Alexa, this site will allow to see how many time a particular term has been used on Twitter, Digg, MySpace, YouTube, and Flickr. You can add in multiple terms and see bar graphs comparing the terms.
Tweeterboard – An analytics service that provides information about popular Twitter users and popular links.
Tweetburner – Tweetburner gives you click stats for the links you posted in Twitter.
Twittermeter – You can use Twittermeter to see how frequently a word has been used on Twitter. You can also compare two or more words.
Twemes – Twemes follows Twitter public messages with particular tags to build a meme around a topic.
TweetStats – You can grab your Twitter stats including your tweet timeline, tweet per month, and tweet per hour.
TweetVolume – With this, you can check how many time a particular word appear on Twitter. You can compare upto five words and see the results in bar graphs.
TwitterLocal – This tool allows you to generate an RSS Feed of a filtered list of tweets from a certain area.
Tweetmeme – Displays popular topics on Twitter and those people talking about that topic.
Twist – This provides trends of what people are saying on Twitter just like Google Trends does for internet search words.
Twittermap – This tool displays the most recent public updates in the last 12 hours.
Twittermeter – Allows you to compare any keywords used on Twitter on through a graphical interface.
Twitt(url)y – This service tracks the most linked to urls on Twitter and display them Digg-style.
Wiiizzz – This service lists the audio tracks that have been listed to and shared on Twitter.
iPhone and other mobile phone clients
Twitter for iPhone – Another Twitter client for your iPhone.
iTwtr – This is an open source Twitter client for iphones.
Pocket Tweets – A web based Twitter client for the iphone.
Twittai – A Java-based Twitter client compatible with more than 200 kinds of mobile phones.
ceTwit – Twitter client for Windows Mobile. Not as cool as the iPhone versions, but then again, what is?
Twapper – Send updates from your 30boxes calendar to your mobile phone using Twitter.
TwitterFone – You can update Twitter from your mobile phone using this service.
Qik – Stream videos from your mobile phone to Twitter using Qik. Surprisingly, it works really well – try it out.
Crowd Status – View the status of your friends on Twitter in a start-up page style.
@answerme – With this tool, you can track the questions you ask on Twitter.
Bkkeepr – With this service, you can track the books you are reading on Twitter.
CommuterFeed – You can share your traffic report on Commuterfeed using Twitter.
Foamee – This is a fun site that allows you to track people who owes you beer or coffee using your Twitter account.
FoodFeed – FoodFeed is a micro blogging site that you can use to post about your food habits through Twitter.
InnerTwitter – Meditate by receiving chimes at regular intervals from InnerTwitter.
Notches – Allows you to write reviews of certain items on Twitter.
Hahlo – if you are not satisfied with your Twitter interface, you can check out Hahlo to manage your Twitter account. It gives you a separate profile page and the rest of the Twitter features in a new look.
LoudTwitter – This tool posts your Twitter posts on your blog. Hey, isn’t Twitter supposed to be some kind of a blog, too? Now I’m confused.
My Tweeple – Manage your friends and followers in Twitter on a single web page.
Politweets – You can check out your presidential candidate’s popularity on Twitter here.
Post Like a Pirate – This tool allow you to convert your post into pirate-speak before posting it to Twitter. I, however, don’t need it, because I already speak like a pirate. Yarr!
Quitter – Quitter will help you how to use Twitter to quit smoking. Bonus points for cool name.
Roll.The.Dice – You can use this service to do all the silly things on Twitter like roll a dice, flip a coin, deal cards, or generate a random number.
StrawPoll – Sends out polls on Twitter that you can participate on. As they say, you can never have too many polls.
TrackThis – This is an useful service to get updates of your shipment using Twitter. It supports FedEx, UPS, USPS and DHL tracking codes.
Twee60 – You can tweet your Xbox live status with Twee60 automatically.
Twit2twit – Just like Facebook Wall to Wall, this service enables you to view any two Twitter users conversation via replies.
Twitimonials – This service allows you to praise your friends in a special way on Twitter.
TwitResponse – Set up your Twitter posts for the future.
TwittEarth – This is a 3D model of the earth displaying the latest updates on Twitter across the globe. You can download the tool as a screensaver.
Twitterfeed – Posts your blog posts automatically to Twitter.
TwitterMeThis – When you follow TwitterMeThis, it will send you a question randomly. If you are the first to answer that question, then you get $5.
TwitterSpy – TwitterSpy provides you a Google map on its site. when you hover your mouse above certain locations on that map, you get to see the latest public posts from that area. Strangely addicting.
Tweet140 – This service tracks your Twitter messages and rates them according to how many characters you messages are. The closer to 140 characters they are, the higher you score.
Tweetclouds – Create a word cloud from a public Twitter stream using this service.
Tweetgift – Remember Facebook where you can poke, throw a sheep, or hug a friend? Tweetgift enables you to do the same on Twitter.
Twaction – Another service that lets you do Facebook-style pokes and slaps at friends.
Twistori – Based on Summize, this service collects Twitter messages with words such as love, hate, think, believe, wish, and feel and displays them on its site with automatic updates.
Tweet Clouds – Make a tag cloud from your Twitter posts.
Tweetpeek – You can create a group Twitter feed with Tweetpeek.
TweetWheel – You can find out which of your Twitter friends know each other with this service.
Twitku – Mashup of Twitter, Jaiku, and Pownce public timelines. You can also post from its interface.
Twitpoll – You can participate on polls using Twitter through Twitpoll.
Tweetshots – this service allows you to take your Twitter posts to Tumblr, embed in websites, or send over email.
TwitterAnswers – TwitterAnswers combines Twitter and Mosio, so that you can send questions over Twitter and have them answered by other people.
Twitter Census – You can create surveys on Twitter using this service.
Twitter Comic Book – Enter your Twitter name, and this tool will create a comic strip for you based on your latest tweets, using Flickr pictures.
TwittEarth – A 3D globe of Twitter public timelines.
Twitter Karma – This tool fetches your Twitter friends and followers and displays them for you, letting you paginate through them in a nicer way than you would on Twitter.
TwitterNotes – You can create notes on TwitterNotes using Twitter and tagging your notes.
TwitterPoster – This site generates a mosaic of user icons of those with a large number of followers on Twitter.
TwitterSnooze – If you have friends on Twitter who are updating every 10 seconds and are irritating the hell out of you, you can simply now snooze them away using this tool.
TwitterSpectrum – Based on Summize, this tool show you the associated words of two pair of words or names in a nice spectrum layout.
Twittertale – Twittertale records all the swearing you do on Twitter and lists them down on its site. It also lists the top swearers and the top 5 naughty words.
Xpenser – Record your expenses using Twitter. You can also use other mediums like email, SMS, IM, voice, etc.
Who Should I follow – Find interesting people to follow on Twitter using this tool.
Twitter Live Updater – This one updates your Twitter pages without refreshing the webpage on your browser.
Friendfeed Filters – Allows you to create filters and groups of friends on Friendfeed.
Friendfeed Twitter Client – This create a ‘Also send this comment as an @reply twitter’ option on the Friendfeed comment box.
Friendfeed Tiny URL Resolver – Creates an inline preview of the Twitter tinyurls displayed on your Friendfeed page. Click the question mark displayed at the end of each tinyurl on the Friendfeed page.
Twitzer – This addon allows you to write more than 140 letters in your Twitter posts. The extra letters will be saved offsite and link to it will be placed on Twitter.
TwittyTunes – You can post the songs that you are listening to currently on Twitter using this handy plugin. Don’t be surprised if people start unfollowing you.
Twitterbook – Tweet your favorite sites when you bookmark them on your browser using this addon. Don’t use it if you’re a heavy bookmarker, or else you’ll annoy the hell out of everyone.
Twitterline – Displays your friends’ public timelines on your browser toolbar.
Twitkit – A Twitter client for your Firefox sidebar.
Twitturl – This addon allows you to tweet the current url you are on on your browser.
Twixxer – Twixxer is a Firefox addon that allows you to post Twitter updates.
Twitterratio – This tool allows you to compare the ratio of the number of people you follow to those who follow you. The higher the ratio, the more Twitter heat you have.
Twitscoop – This tool pulls out the words most used in Twitter every minute and displays on its site.
Twitter Movie Reviews – You can review movies on Twitter using this service. It contributes to a handy list of graded movies, great when you need to quickly find something good at the video store.
TwitBin – Send and view tweets right within Firefox.
TwittyTunes – A FoxyTunes addon that posts what you’re currently listening to Twitter.
Shareaholic – Share links and webpages via Twitter right within Firefox.
Search Plugin – Tweet right from the Firefox search box.
Tweetbar – Put Twitter on your Firefox sidebar.
Twippera – Twitter widget for Opera that can send and view tweets.
TwitterFox – Compact Firefox extension that can publish and view tweets.
Apps, Widgets and Plugins – Windows
Triqqr – Submit tweets directly to Twitter and view user profiles.
Pwytter – Cross platform Python Twitter client with Asian character support.
Teletwitter – Experimental open source client.
TwitBox – View and submit tweets, see replies and direct messages, delete your own tweets, and multiple account support.
Twitterlicious – Update Twitter status, easily check replies and direct messages.
Chirrup – Twitter client with extensive Japanese language support.
TwittIt – Extremely compact and simple app for submitting tweets.
MadTwitter – A reincarnation of Twitterrific, except on Windows.
Twitter CLI – Post tweets via the command line.
What’s Up? – Gadget that allows you to see latest tweets from your friends.
Twadget – Simple gadget that lets you view and submit tweets right from Vista’s Sidebar.
KipFolio Widget – Simple Twitter widget for KipFolio.
Twitter-Sync for Yahoo – Syncs Twitter status with Yahoo Messenger status.
TwitterYM – Simple Yahoo Messenger status updater.
Twessenger – Updates Live Messenger status to reflect latest tweet.
Twit4Live – Set status message as latest tweet, send tweets from within Live Messenger, and send tweets to contacts.
Apps, Widgets and Plugins – Mac
Twitterrific – A compact client that publishes tweets, shows unread tweets, has easy access to profile pages, shows either public or friend timeline, and more.
TwitterPost – Basic client that submits tweets, shows your current iTunes track in your feed, and more.
Twitterlex – Dashboard widget that shows your friend’s latest tweets as well as allows you to submit tweets.
Twidget – Update your Twitter status within Dashboard.
TikiTwit – Match your iChat status to your last tweet.
Apps, Widgets and Plugins – Linux
BLT – Perl script that lets you see what your friends are doing right from the Terminal.
Twitter for Vim – Publish tweets right within Vim.
ZenTwitter – A GUI frontend for Twitter using zenity and curl.
Twitux – Twitter client for the GNOME desktop.
gTwitter – GTK+ based app inspired by Twitterrific.
Twitter.el – Publish tweets while in Emacs.
Twitbar – Post tweets from the GNOME deskbar.
Twit.el – Another utility that allows publishing of tweets within Emacs.
Cross-platform Apps, Widgets and Plugins
Tweetr – Submit tweets, upload files, urltea built in, delete messages.
Spaz – Cross-platform client built with AIR.
Tweeter – Java based client with customizable UI.
Twinja – AIR based client which allows you to follow users on the fly.
iTweet – A mobile Twitter site designed for the iPhone.
iTwit – Mobile version of Twitter made for the iPhone.
Tweeter – Twitter on your mobile phone while avoiding text message charges.
Jargong – Browse Flickr, do some social networking, but most importantly, check and publish tweets.
WildSets – Extensve Twitter app for mobile phones.
TwitterBerry – Twitter built for various BlackBerry devices. Update and view timelines with ease.
jTwitter – View timelines, enter updates, and more, all on your mobile phone.
TreoTwit – Easily check and update your Twitter right from your Treo.
Twittervision – See where in the world people are submitting tweets from, real time.
TwitThis – Allow visitors to your site to easily share a page or post via Twitter.
MoniTwitter – Receive important updates about your site via Twitter.
TwitterNotes – Share private or public notes via Twitter.
RSS2Twitter – Share any RSS feed on Twitter, and have new RSS items automatically be tweeted.
TwitterBuzz – Find out what is being most linked to on Twitter.
Twitterholic – Shows the top users and accounts on Twitter
This list is colored coded by: TwitTerms ( orange ), QuickSpeak ( green ) and TwitTools ( purple ) all in alphabetical order.
- 1 – ( shorthand ) one, won
- 2 – ( shorthand ) to, too, two
- 30 Boxes – (tool) has tight Twitter integration. After adding Twitter to your Web Stuff, you can view twitters from you and friends and you can post directly to Twitter.
- 4 – (shorthand ) for, four
- 4U – ( shorthand ) for you
- 4ward – ( shorthand ) forward
- ab or abt – ( shorthand ) about
- B – ( shorthand ) be
- b/c – ( shorthand ) because
- b4 – ( shorthand ) before
- BFN – ( shorthand ) bye for now
- bgd – ( shorthand ) background
- BiggerTwitter – (tool) A service similar to Twitzer which allows you to post longer messages, although works by placing a link in the Tweet.
- BigTweet – (tool) – BigTweet installs as a bookmarklet to your browser and allows you to post to Twitter from any web page. Insert special Unicode characters and shorten URLs.
- Blackbird – (mobile tool) a Twitter client for BlackBerry smartphones.
- Blogo – (mac tool) A weblog editor which is also a full-featured Twitter client integrated with Twitpic, tinyURL, tweetburner and Ping.fm.
- BLT – ( linux tool ) Perl script that lets you see what your friends are doing right from the Terminal.
- BR – ( shorthand ) best regards
- BTW – ( shorthand ) by the way
- CelebrityTweet – (tool) Stalk or follow celebrities on Twitter as they tweet in real-time.
- CheckYesOrNo.info – (tool) Create simple yes or no polls and use the ‘send to twitter’ feature to easily share with your twitter buddies. It’s like those notes you used to get from girls back in junior high.
- Chirrup – ( windows tool ) Twitter client with extensive Japanese language support.
- chk – ( shorthand ) check
- cld – ( shorthand ) could
- clk – ( shorthand ) click
- Cullect – (tool) Collaborative feed reader optimized for Twitter; sign in with your Twitter id, post to twitter. Cullect also auto-expands shortened urls. More info at @cullect •
- da – ( shorthand ) the
- deets – ( shorthand ) details
- DM – ( shorthand ) direct message
- Drunktwittering – ( term ) Similar to drunk dialing
- Dweet – ( term ) Tweet sent while drunk
- Dwigger – (tool) Threaded conversations and voting for Twitter
- EM/eml – ( shorthand ) email
- EMA – ( shorthand ) email address
- F2F – ( shorthand ) face to face (as in meeting someone in person)
- fab – ( shorthand ) fabulous
- fav/fave – ( shorthand ) favorite
- Feedalizr – (tool) A free desktop application that allows you to view, rate and comment on what your friends are sharing online. Tweet, upload pics to Flickr, update your Facebook status, keep up to date with your friends’ Google Reader, Digg, Tumblr, YouTube and Last.fm posts on Friendfeed.
- fitURL – (tool) fitURL creates short URLs just like tinyURL accept it fights spam by checking for spam URLs which makes it much more reliable.
- Flotzam – (windows tool) A Mash Up of Twitter, Flickr, Facebook and blogs, completely configurable.
- Follow – (action) Choosing to sign up to receive someone’s Tweets.
- Follow+UserName – (action) The instruction to keep up with a user’s flow of Twitter messages.
- Followers – ( term ) People who follow your updates.
- FoodFeed – (tool) Twitter-based food log. Track what you eat by prefixing a message with @having, or direct messaging having.
- FreeTweets – (tool) Cool collections of hottest Twitter Backgrounds.
- Friendfeed – ( tool ) Puts all of our RSS content onto one page, making it easy to see from one glance (rather than going to different properties) and you can even reply from friendfeed to different tools. It’s smarter to organize around people, rather than tools.
- Friendorfollow – ( tool ) Find out who you’re following that’s not following you back, and who’s following you that you’re not following back.
- FuelFrog – (tool) Use Twitter to keep a log of your fuel and mileage. Compare your mileage with others in your area, or with the same car.
- fwd – ( shorthand ) forward
- FYI – ( shorthand ) for your information
- Geotwitter – (action) Tracks the geographical location of the most recent Tweets.
- Get+UserName – (action) A command that retrieves the most recent updated Tweet from that user.
- Google Snackr – ( tool ) Snackr is an RSS ticker that pulls random items from your feeds and scrolls them across your desktop. When you see a title that looks interesting, you can click on it to pop up the item in a window.
- GR8 – ( shorthand ) great
- Green Tweets – (tool) Tracks tweets about green & environmental topics based on semantic natural language analysis rather than keyword.
- gTwitter – ( linux tool ) GTK+ based app inspired by Twitterrific.
- Hashtag – ( term ) Hashtags are a community-driven convention for adding additional context and metadata to your tweets. They’re like tags or categories, only added inline to your post. You create a hashtag simply by prefixing a word with a hash symbol: #hashtag.
- IC – ( shorthand ) I see
- IM – ( shorthand ) instant message
- IMHO – ( shorthand ) in my humble opinion
- IRL – ( shorthand ) for in real life
- iTweet – ( mobile tool ) A mobile Twitter site designed for the iPhone.
- iTwit – ( mobile tool ) Mobile version of Twitter made for the iPhone.
- itz – ( shorthand ) it is
- Jack Dorsey – (person) Widely acknowledged as the inventor of Twitter.
- Jaiku – ( tool ) A competitor of Twitter, currently owned by Google.
- Jargong – ( mobile tool ) Browse Flickr, do some social networking, but most importantly, check and publish tweets.
- JK or j/k – ( shorthand ) just kidding
- JSYK – ( shorthand ) just so you know
- jTwitter – ( mobile tool ) View timelines, enter updates, and more, all on your mobile phone.
- K – ( shorthand ) okay
- kewl – ( shorthand ) cool
- KipFolio Widget – ( windows tool ) Simple Twitter widget for KipFolio.
- L8 – ( shorthand ) late
- L8er – ( shorthand ) later
- LiveTwitting – (tool) Use LiveTwitting for your next conference, event, or meeting instead of liveblogging. Simple commands to turn recording on and off, all through Twitter.
- LMAO – ( shorthand ) laughing my ass off
- lmk – ( shorthand ) let me know
- LOL – ( shorthand ) laughing out loud
- Loudtwitter – ( tool ) Automatically transfer your Tweets directly to your blog.
- MadTwitter – ( windows tool ) A reincarnation of Twitterrific, except on Windows.
- Micro-blog – ( term ) A tiny way to blog. Twitter only allows 140 characters and classified as a micro-blog.
- mil – ( shorthand ) million
- Mistweet – ( term ) A message or ‘Tweet’ that was sent in error or one later regrets.
- MoniTwitter – ( tool ) Receive important updates about your site via Twitter.
- Njoy – ( shorthand ) enjoy
- Nudge+UserName – (action) A Twitter command used to remind a Friend to update their Twitter status
- Obvious – (company) The American company based in California that created Twitter.
- OH – ( shorthand ) overheard
- OMG – ( shorthand ) oh my god/gosh
- peeps – ( shorthand ) people
- picobuzz – (tool) Shows popular buzz words from the public timeline and who’s sayin’ them!
- PingTwitter – (tool) Ping your Twitter account from your blog so it auto updates when you make a new blog post.
- plz – ( shorthand ) please
- pockettweets – ( mobile tool ) A Web-based Twitter client for the Apple iPhone.
- Politweets – ( tool ) A tool for tracking Tweets relating to politics
- pple – ( shorthand ) people
- props – ( shorthand ) proper respect
- Pwytter – ( windows tool ) Cross platform Python Twitter client with Asian character support.
- Quotably – ( tool ) A ‘conversation’ tracker, it threads together the discussions that members are having by looking at the replies, interesting to see how conversations spiral into different threads. Follow the Tweets of a particular user in a threaded style.
- R – ( shorthand ) are
- ReporTwitters – ( term ) Bunch of journalists publishing ‘reality style’ tweets in conjunction with their articles.
- Retweetme : ( tool & action) Use Twitter to remind yourself of things you might forget. When the time comes, Twitter will message you the reminder.
- ROFL – ( shorthand ) rolling on the floor laughing
- RSS2Twitter – ( tool ) Share any RSS feed on Twitter, and have new RSS items automatically be tweeted.
- RT / Retweet – ( shorthand ) when you repeat a tweet from someone else
- RU? – ( shorthand ) are you?
- Ruby on Rails : The programming language used to create and develop Twitter.
- Saytweet – ( tool ) Create a Twitter badge that shows your updates on a picture!Upload a picture and then tag some Twitter users in that picture. Voila ? that’s all it takes to make a dynamic mashup like the one above. Give it a try, and then share the badge!
- Search Plugin – ( browser plugin tool ) Tweet right from the Firefox search box.
- Shareaholic – ( browser plugin tool ) Share links and webpages via Twitter right within Firefox.
- shld – ( shorthand ) should
- SnapTweet – ( mobile tool ) Snapping a mobile photo, uploading to Flickr, and using http://snaptweet.com/to post it to your Twitter stream
- Spaz – ( cross-platform tool ) Desktop client built with AIR.
- Summize: ( search tool ) For searching the content of hundreds of thousands of Tweets. As of fall 2008 it is twitter.search.com
- Snitter – (tool) lots of features with a great UI make this Twitter client stand out from the crowd. Built on AIR.
- StrawPoll – (tool) Tiny daily polls in 140 characters or less.
- Teletwitter – ( windows tool ) Experimental open source client.
- Terraminds – ( search tool ) Search for specific users or tweets.
- thx/tx – ( shorthand ) thanks
- TIA – ( shorthand ) thanks in advance
- TikiTwit – ( mac tool) Match your iChat status to your last tweet.
- TinyTwitter – ( mobile tool ) works with any Java enabled device (that’s a bunch & includes the CrackBerry) and any Windows Mobile Pocket PC or Smartphone
- TopNewsTrends – (tool) Top News Trends combines google trends data with twitter search.
- TrackThis – (tool) Track your FedEx, UPS, USPS and DHL packages using Twitter direct messages
- Twappi – (tool) Daily Twitter mood
- Twautocomplete – (tool) Firefox extension to add autocomplete on Twitter.com for @-messages and d-messages
- TreoTwit – ( mobile tool ) Easily check and update your Twitter right from your Treo.
- twiggit – (tool) twiggit is an automated service that lets your friends on twitter know what articles you digg.
- TwitDir – (tool) A Twitter directory, no more. You are looking for someone, something? Just type a few words in the search engine.
- Triqqr – ( windows tool ) Submit tweets directly to Twitter and view user profiles.
- ttyl – ( shorthand ) talk to you later
- ttys – ( shorthand ) talk to you soon
- Twadd – ( term ) To add someone as a friend – mutual followers.
- Twadget – ( windows tool ) Simple gadget that lets you view and submit tweets right from Vista’s Sidebar.
- Twaffic – ( term ) Twitter traffic.
- Twaggle – ( term ) A gaggle of followers.
- Twaigslist – ( term ) To sell something via twitter. Also Twebay.
- Twaiting – ( term ) Twittering while waiting
- Twardware – ( term ) Twitter hardware.
- Twashdot – ( term ) News for twitterers. Stuff that doesn’t matter.
- Twaunt – ( term ) To taunt someone over twitter.
- Twead – ( term ) To read a twitter.
- Twebay – ( term ) To offer something for sale via twitter. Also Twaigslist.
- Tweekend – ( term ) Spending your entire Saturday and Sunday reading and posting via Twitter.
- Tweepish – ( term ) Feeling sheepish or regretful about something you tweeted.
- Tweeple – ( term ) Twitter people, Twitter members, Twitter users
- Tweeps – ( term ) Twitterites that follow each other from one social media/network to another.
- tweeps / tweeple – ( term ) peeps / people (on Twitter)
- Tweet Pushers – ( term ) Writers (guest bloggers) whose ideas and suggestions that will be featured at The Wall Tweet Journal
- Tweet(ing) – ( term ) The act of posting to Twitter
- Tweetaholism – ( term ) The continued use of Twitter as an addiction that is difficult to control
- Tweetard – ( term ) A twitter retard.
- Tweet-back – ( term ) Bringing a previous tweet conversation or reference back into the current conversation.
- Tweetbar – ( browser plugin tool ) Put Twitter on your Firefox sidebar.
- Tweetbeep – ( tool ) an alert email service where you can filter keywords.
- Tweetburner – ( tool ) a url shortener with stats
- Tweetdeck – ( cross-platform tool ) an Adobe Air desktop application. TweetDeck enables users to split their main feed (All Tweets) into topic or group specific columns allowing a broader overview of tweets.
- Tweet-dropping – ( term ) Eavesdropping on someone’s else’s Home Page in With Friends mode.
- Tweeter – ( cross-platform tool ) Java based client with customizable UI.
- Tweeter – ( term ) A user of Twitter (compare: Twitterer).
- Tweeterboxes – ( term ) Twitterers who tweet too much
- Tweetfeed – ( tool ) A customizable page that displays related Twitter activity live, a way to keep track of what is happening on Twitter that interests you (and share it with friends), A super-easy way to create “tweet walls” for conferences and events!
- Tweetheart – ( term ) That special someone who makes your heart skip a beat
- TweetIn – ( term) When a group of twitterers agree to get together at a set time to twitter
- Tweetlater – ( tool ) Keep your Twitter stream ticking over with new tweets even when you’re not in front of your computer. Or, use it as your personal reminder system.Send automated thank you notes to new followers, and automatically follow new followers,if you choose to do so.
- Tweetr – ( cross-platform tool ) Submit tweets, upload files, urltea built in, delete messages.
- Tweets – (term) Posts on Twitter by twitterers.
- Tweetscan – ( search tool ) Search by term and username.
- Tweetsulted, Tweetsult – ( term ) insult
- Tweetup – ( shorthand ) an in-person meet up of Twitter members
- Tweetwhatyoueat – (tool) Your daily food diary. Setup your own Twitter food diary in moments.
- Tweetwhatyouspend – (tool) Cash tracking made simple through Twitter.
- TweetWheel – ( tool ) Find out which of your Twitter friends know each other!
- Twellow – ( tool ) A directory that categorize twitter users into the various categories.
- Twerminology – ( term )Twitter terminology
- Twerpscan – ( tool ) Check the number of followers of everyone on your contact list, the number of people they are following, and the ratio between those. If the person is following more than (n) people (can be customised), and has a followers-to-following ratio higher than 1:(m) (can be customised), you’ll be notified by a link.
- Twessenger – ( windows tool ) Updates Live Messenger status to reflect latest tweet.
- Twexplanation – ( term ) Sending a nebulous tweet and having to explain it while offline from twitter.
- Twhepherd – ( term ) The Twitter employee that finds and restores lost followers to your twaggle.
- Twhiner – ( term ) A twitterer who only ever posts whiney, negative tweets
- Twhirl – ( tool ) A desktop client for the Twitter microblogging platform, powered by Adobe AIR. Connects to multiple Twitter , laconi.ca , Friendfeed and seesmic accounts.
- Twideo-cronicity – ( term ) When you’re watching someone’s videos and they are simultaneously leaving a comment or tweet for/at/about you.
- Twidget – ( mac tool ) Update your Twitter status within Dashboard.
- twidroid – (tool) the first full-featured twitter client for android mobile phones
- Twike – ( term ) To ride a bike with twitter.
- Twinja – ( cross-platform tool ) AIR based client which allows you to follow users on the fly.
- Twinfluence – (tool) a simple tool using the Twitter API to to measure the combined influence of twitterers and their followers, with a few social network statistics thrown in as bonus.
- TwinkedIn – ( term ) Inviting friends made on Twitter to “connect with you on LinkedIn
- Twinkle – ( mobile tool ) Contact old friends and make new ones, all with Twinkle, the location-aware network for the iPhone and iPod Touch.
- Twippera – ( browser plugin tool ) Twitter widget for Opera that can send and view tweets.
- Twis – ( term ) To dis a fellow twitterer. Bad form.
- Twist – ( tool ) See trends in twitter
- Twisticuffs – ( term ) Fighting with a fellow twitterer over twitter.
- Twit.el – ( linux tool ) Another utility that allows publishing of tweets within Emacs.
- Twit4Live – ( windows tool ) Set status message as latest tweet, send tweets from within Live Messenger, and send tweets to contacts.
- Twitbar – ( linux tool ) Post tweets from the GNOME deskbar.
- TwitBin – ( browser plugin tool ) TwitBin is an extension for firefox that brings the power of twitter right in your browser. Send and view tweets right within it.
- TwitBox – ( windows tool ) Desktop client. View and submit tweets, see replies and direct messages, delete your own tweets, and multiple account support.
- TwitDir – ( search tool ) Allows user to search for users by name, location, or username.
- Twitgit – ( mac tool ) Read your friend’s tweets and submit your own, right in Dashboard.
- Twitkit – ( browser tool ) TwitKit is a Twitter sidebar for Firefox. TwitKit has a 6-section interface, using tabs to separate content.
- Twitosphere – ( term ) Community of twitterers
- Twitpic – ( tool ) TwitPic lets you share photos on Twitter .You can post pictures to
- TwitPic from your phone, our API , or through the site itself.
- Twitt(url)y – ( tool ) A service for tracking what URLs people are talking about as they talk about them on twitter.
- Twittastic – ( term ) Fantastic, wonderful, superb; coined by the folks at Twitterholic when referring to their robots.
- Twittcrastination – ( term ) Twittering as a form of procrastination
- Twittduit – ( term ) If you need to Tweet a friend that does not follow you, post a
- Twittduit asking your followers to pass a message.
- Twittectomy – ( term ) unfollowing friends
- Twittelator – ( mobile tool ) C omplete iPhone twitter client . Available through the App Store.
- TweetAhead – ( mac tool ) Schedule tweets to be posted ahead of time with a simple Dashboard widget.
- Twitter CLI – ( windows tool ) Post tweets via the command line.
- Twitter for Vim – ( linux tool ) Publish tweets right within Vim.
- Twitter.el – ( linux tool ) Publish tweets while in Emacs.
- Twitter100 – View 100 Tweets at a time.
- Twitterati – ( term ) The glamorous A-List twitterer’s everyone wants to follow.
- Twitterbate – ( term ) To masturbate to another user’s tweets.
- TwitterBerry – ( mobile tool ) Twitter built for various BlackBerry devices. Update and view timelines with ease.
- TwitterBuzz – ( tool ) Find out what domains are being most linked to on Twitter.
- Twittercal mass – ( term ) A community that has achieved a critical mass of twitterers.
- TwitterCard – (tool) Create a 125×125 Twitter business card widget to put on your blog and display bio and recent status.
- Twitterer – ( term ) A user of Twitter (compare: Tweeter).
- twitterfeed.com – (tool) “feed your blog to twitter”. submit your blog’s feed, and get your new blog posts twittered automatically.
- Twitterfly – ( term ) Being a social butterfly on Twitter evidenced by extreme usage of @ signs.
- TwitterFox – ( browser plugin tool ) Compact Firefox extension that can publish and view tweets. ( previously known as TwitterNotifier )
- Twittergrader – ( tool ) Twitter Grader gives you a grade based on the power of
your Twitter profile.
- Twitterholic – ( tool ) Shows the top users and accounts on Twitter.
- Twittering – ( term ) To send a Twitter message.
- Twitterish – ( term ) Erractic behavior with short outbursts.
- Twitteritas – ( term ) Women who play with their twitters.
- Twitterject – ( term ) Interject your tweet into an existing tweet stream of conversation.
- Twitter-ku – ( term ) Those who either post on both Twitter and Jaiku or load their
- Twitterless – (tool) Twitterless will notify you when somebody stops following you and tell you who it is and your follower history is graphed out over time.
- Twitterlex – ( mac tool ) A simple Mac OS X Dashboard Widget that shows you the last 30 twitters by you and your Twitter friends, updating every 60 seconds when visible.
- Twitterlicious – ( windows tool ) Update Twitter status, easily check replies and direct messages.
- Twitter-Light Zone – ( term ) Where you are when you return to Twitter after any time away and feel disoriented and lost.
- TwitterLinkr – ( tool ) A service collecting the best links posted trough Twitter
- Twitterlocal – ( tool ) Filter finds tweets based upon a users profile location. If you’ve a local business, this could become useful. Lets you generate an RSS or XML Feed to filter out Tweets around a certain area.
- Twitterlooing – ( term ) Twittering from a bathroom.
- Twitterloop – ( term ) To be caught up with friend tweets and up on the conversation.
- Twittermaps – ( tool ) A mashup technology that lets Twitter users find each other using Google maps.
- Twittermob – ( term ) An unruly and ragtag horde of people who descend on an ill-prepared location after a provocative Twitter message.
- Twitteroo – ( windows tool ) Client with URL shortening, clickable links and tweets, customization, and both public and friend timelines.
- Twitterpated – ( term )To be overwhelmed with Twitter messages.
- Twitterphoria – ( term ) The elation you feel when the person you’ve added as a friend adds you back.
- Twitter.PollDaddy.com – (tool) Create Polldaddy polls and post them directly to your Twitter stream.
- TwitterPost – ( mac tool ) Basic client that submits tweets, shows your current iTunes track in your feed, and more.
- Twitterrhea – ( term ) The act of sending too many Twitter messages.
- Twitterrific – ( mobile & platform tool ) Twitterrific is a fun application that lets you both read and publish posts or “tweets” to the Twitter community website.
- Twitterrific ( term ) – a really good Twitter thing
- Twittersearch – ( search tool ) Search Twitter and tweets by word.(formerly summize.com)
- Twitterstream – ( term ) the twitter timeline (public or friends)
- Twitter SPY – (tool) Twitter SPY displays the Twitter public timeline.
- TwitterSync for Yahoo – (windows tool) Syncs Twitter status with Yahoo Messenger status.
- Twittertise – (tool) Twittertise allows you to schedule in advance and track the clickthroughs on tweets. Ideal for advertisers looking to measure effectiveness.
- Twittertories – ( term ) Clusters of twittererers that follow and friend each other with little overlap with other clusters.
- Twittertude – ( term ) Bad Twitter attitude. Or a state of being, like solitude only with other people present.
- Twittervision – ( tool ) See where in the world people are submitting tweets from, real time.
- TwitterYM – ( windows tool ) Simple Yahoo Messenger status updater.
- Twittfeinated, Twigged Out, Twired – ( term ) To be so hyped up on twittering that you cannot sleep
- Twittfessional – ( term ) A confession made on Twitter
- TwitThis – ( tool ) Allow visitors to your site to easily share a page or post via Twitter.
- Twitticisms – ( term ) Witty tweets
- Twittilate – ( term ) To arouse with tweets.
- Twittish – ( term ) Too skittish to twitter.
- Twittonary – ( term ) dictionary of twitter terminology
- Twittsomnia – ( term ) Twittering due to inability to sleep, thus compounding inability to sleep.
- Twittworking – ( term ) Networking with Twitterites using Twitter
- TwittyTunes – ( browser plugin tool ) A FoxyTunes (Firefox extension) addon that posts what you’re currently listening to Twitter.
- Twitux – ( linux tool ) Twitter client for the GNOME desktop.
- Twitwall – (tool ) When its too long to tweet, but too short to blog, just TwitWall it! TwitWall is the easy-to-use, quick-to-blast-out blog companion for Twitter.
- Twitxr – ( tool ) Share pictures from your mobile phone. Automatically publish them on social networks and photosharing sites.
- Twixt and tween – ( term ) Can’t decide who or what to tweet
- Twode – ( term ) To hack on the twitter API.
- Twofor – ( term ) Replying to two unrelated twitter messages with a single tweet
- TwoingTwoing – ( term ) To twitter about wonderful things.
- Twoogle – ( term ) Twitter as the human Google. Pose a question, get near-instantaneous results.
- Twoops – ( term ) When you accidentally send a private sms to Twitter
- Twoosh – ( term ) A full 140 character twitter.
- Twopsies – ( term ) When you drop things because you are twittering.
- Tword – ( term ) Words formed by appending “Tw” to the original word (like most words in this list).
- Twouche – ( term ) Someone acting like a big fat jerk via twitter.
- Twurvey – ( term ) a survey sent out over Twitter
- Twuzzer – (tool) Twitter/GoogleMaps mashup.
- Twype – ( term ) to type a twitter.
- TY – ( shorthand ) thanks
- TYT – ( shorthand ) take your time
- TYVM – ( shorthand ) thank you very much
- U – ( shorthand ) you
- u’ve – ( shorthand ) for you have
- ur – ( shorthand ) your
- Useqwitter – ( tool ) emails when a twitter stops following you after a certain post
- V2V – ( shorthand ) voice to voice (as in chatting on the phone)
- w or w/ – ( shorthand ) with
- w/e – ( shorthand ) weekend
- w00t! – ( shorthand ) an expression of joy/excitement
- wazzup?/whaddup? – ( shorthand ) what’s up?
- What’s Up? – ( windows vista tool ) Gadget that allows you to see latest tweets from your friends.
- WildSets – ( mobile tool ) Extensve Twitter app for mobile phones. Support more than 300 phones.
- wld – ( shorthand ) would
- woz – ( shorthand ) was
- wtf – ( shorthand ) what the f***
- wth – ( shorthand ) what the heck
- yammer – ( tool ) a similar mico-blogging software to Twitter but for enterprise companies and can be used as an intranet solution. This company won the Techcrunch50 award in fall of 2008.
- Yoono – (tool) Receive alerts, update your status or message your friends in your browser sidebar. No need to switch from one site to another or from your browser to a desktop app anymore. The perfect tool to become a twitter heavy user without spending hours on it. Yoono also integrates many other services : facebook, flickr, friendfeed, major IM services
- yr – ( shorthand ) your
- YVW – ( shorthand ) you’re very welcome
- YW – ( shorthand ) you’re welcome
- ZenTwitter – ( linux tool ) A GUI frontend for Twitter using zenity and curl.